WWE held the NXT TakeOver: 31 at the Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida, in whose PPV Santos Escobar retained the NXT Cruiserweight Championship after beating Isaiah “Swerve” Scott. The Legado del Fantasma leader was victorious after applying an effective Double Underhook Facebuster, Ashante “Thee” Adonis intervened during the match avoiding the interference of Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde. In this way, Santos Escobar got his second successful title defense.
In the Main Event Match, Finn Bálor retained the NXT Championship against Kyle O’Reilly.
Io Shirai still as NXT Women’s Championship after beating Candice LeRae.
After the match, the former NXT UK Women’s Champion Toni Strom announced her return to NXT, and former NXT Women’s Champion Ember Moon is back with the goal of facing The Genius of the Sky for the title.
Damian Priest retained the NXT North American Championship after beating Johnny Gargano. In this way, The Archer of Infamy got his second successful title defense.
WWE announced the return of Halloween Havoc PPV for this coming October 28, which will be hosted by the Expo Lucha Alumni Shotzi Blackheart.
– Main Event Match: Finn Bálor defeated Kyle O’Reilly (NXT Championship Match)
– Fourth Match: Io Shirai defeated Candice LeRae (NXT Women’s Championship Match)
– Third Match: Santos Escobar with Raul Mendoza and Joaquin Wilde defeated Isaiah “Swerve” Scott (NXT Cruiserweight Championship Match)
– Second Match: KUSHIDA defeated Velveteen Dream by submission (Single Match)
– First Match: Damian Priest defeated Johnny Gargano (NXT North American Championship Match)
Folks! We invite you to also follow us through our official social media accounts:
© 2020 Lucha Central
RELATED NOTE: WWE NXT Live in Winter Park Results (09/30/2020)